CIPFA Affiliate Membership now available to IRRV (Hons)
The IRRV has entered into an exciting new initiative with the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA). CIPFA is the professional accountancy body for public finance, with members and students working in the finance function in governments, including local government, around the world. CIPFA has agreed to offer Affiliate membership to Honours and Fellow members of IRRV in good standing, thereby opening up access to a wide range of benefits and opportunities, including:
- Development and support services, including Management Direct, the leading resource for leaders, managers and aspiring managers provided by the Chartered Management Institute;
- CIPFA's Technical Enquiry Service, providing specialist technical guidance across the full spectrum of public financial management;
- CIPFA Rewards, offering exclusive discounts on a wide range of products and services, including holidays, insurance, entertainment and wine;
- Networking opportunities through CIPFA's local, regional and national networks of public finance practitioners; and
- Access to expertise that will allow you to build on the knowledge acquired through your IRRV qualification and keep up to date with the latest developments in the world of public finance through training courses, journals and magazines and daily public finance news.
More information about the benefits of CIPFA membership may be found here
Affiliate membership of CIPFA is available to IRRV Honours and Fellow members in good standing who have five or more years of experience in public service. Affiliates may use the designatory letters CIPFA (Affil). Some IRRV members who have particularly extensive, in-depth experience in public finance, may apply for full membership of CIPFA and become a Chartered Public Finance Accountant.
Affiliate members pay a subscription of £155 p.a. and full members pay £310 p.a. However we have negotiated a special arrangement with CIPFA so that applications received and approved during 2016 will pay no membership fee in that year. The CIPFA membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December.
Applicants for Affiliate membership should use this form
complete the application form, attach an up to date CV that demonstrates the requisite public service experience and submit online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do encourage you to consider taking up this offer, taking the opportunity to strengthen the work you do to support the provision of public services. Enquiries about the CIPFA/IRRV scheme should be directed to email@example.com quoting your IRRV membership number. General enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org