Submission Process & Details
- All submissions must be submitted by 5pm on 31 May 2018. (Note: This closing date will not be extended)
- A submission must not exceed 5,000 words.
- (Note: Submissions in excess of 5,000 words will be penalised)
- Current levels of performance, where required, should be set out in tables and / or graphs. (Note: Any targets for 2018 / 19 should also be provided)
- Additional documentation should not be provided to support the submission. (Note: The short listing exercise will be based on the submission alone)
- An organisation is entitled to submit an entry in more than one category, although each must be tailored to the specific criteria for that category.
- (Note: A separate contact form must be submitted with each entry)
- The Awards Panel may decide to split a category into one or more categories. (Note: This will only happen if the entries without category are so diverse)
- The Awards Panel reserves the right to consider a submission in another category. (Note: This will only take place with the agreement of the organisation)
- Short listed organisations will be given an opportunity to advise the performance awards co- ordinator of any dates that are to be avoided for an inspection.
- Organisations short-listed in more than one category will be given an opportunity to have all their inspections carried out on the same day.
- Inspections in the ‘Team’ categories will last 2 1/2 hours with inspections in the ‘Excellence’ categories lasting 2 hours.
- A short-listed organisation will be expected to make a presentation of no more than 30 minutes and should allow up-to 30 minutes for any questions from the inspection team.
- An inspection team would welcome the opportunity to meet with those that have contributed to the organisations achievement (i.e. staff, internal / external parties etc.).
- Additional documentation can be provided by the organisation prior to, during or after their inspection, to support their submission.
- Following their inspection, an inspection team will produce a comprehensive report, that is then submitted to the Awards Panel who ultimately, take the final decisions in each category.
- All short-listed organisations will be entitled to request feedback on their submission(s) following the Gala Dinner.
An organisation that is considering entering the awards in 2018 is requested to register their interest with the Performance Awards Co-ordinator by e-mail. This will enable the Performance Awards Co-ordinator to provide any advice or assistance, when submitting an entry.
An electronic submission, together with one copy of the contact form (*), is to be completed separately for each submission, and sent direct to the Deputy Chief Executive, Gary Watson IRRV (Hons) by 5.00pm on 31 May 2018.
All submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail within 24 hours of receipt. If an acknowledgement is not been received, an organisation should contact the Performance Awards Co-ordinator immediately.
(*) Click here to download an electronic version of the contact form
Criteria for Each Category
Click on the category of your choice below to view a PDF of the criteria:
- Non-Domestic Rate
- Partnership Working
- Social Inclusion
- Staff Development
All enquiries on the Performance Awards should be addressed to the Performance Awards Co-ordinator, Gary L Watson IRRV (Hons); his contact details are:
5th Floor, 303-306 High Holborn,
0207 691 8988
0207 831 2048