An on-line training workshop over two mornings
22nd and 23rd June
IRRV is running this workshop to give attendees an in-depth overview of Universal Credit and the detail that local authority, housing association and other key staff require to know. It is fully updated to ensure the latest UC information is included.
We will continue to deliver training events virtually through the GoTo or Microsoft Teams platforms. This will allow for a full training day but spread over two mornings and will allow for full audience interaction and Q&A sessions in addition to a full training presentation.
Aim: The workshop is ideally suited to staff who are required to have a better understanding of Universal Credit. It is also suited to the wider benefits and welfare sector involved in assisting or advising those who have, or need, to claim Universal Credit.
The programme includes:
- What is Universal Credit?
- Conditions of entitlement
- Gateway conditions
- Monthly award – assessment period
- How UC is calculated with worked examples
- Applying for Universal Credit
- Changes in circumstances and how they affect UC
- Mixed Age couples and Universal Credit
- Transferring existing customers onto UC - Transitional Protection – the current DWP plan
- Alternative Payment Arrangements – Scottish Choices
- Claimant Commitment/Sanctions
- Deductions from UC
- Review, questions and closure
The day is designed to be interactive and promotes sharing of knowledge and best practice. Timings are indicative and are subject to change on the day.
COURSE LEADER : Paula Doherty, Team Leader - Benefits and Welfare, Dumfries and Galloway Council
The course will be facilitated by Paula Doherty. Paula is a leading benefits practitioner, the IRRV Scottish Association President and Education Liaison Officer for Scotland. Paula is also Chair of the IRRV Welfare Reform Consortium.
£145 plus VAT IRRV Member Rate (valid for Individual Members)
£175 plus VAT Forum/Organisational Rate
£205 plus VAT Non- Member Rate
Special Offer: 3 for 2 for all Members
* Cheapest pass free. This offer is available to organisations sending 3 or more delegates and attending from the same organisation. Bookings must be made at the same time. At least one of the delegates must be a member of the Institute in order to receive this discount or alternatively, the organisation must subscribe to either the Forum Service or Organisational Membership Service.
For details on how to become a member click here. To subscribe to the Forum Service, please click here.
HOW TO BOOK
Click BOOK NOW button at the right of this page.
Enquiries can be made by email to email@example.com or by telephone 020 7691 8987.
Please note in order for your booking to be processed you must have a purchase order number.
PROGRAMME CHANGES AND CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING OF EVENTS
The Institute will make every effort to give delegates as much notice as possible of any programme changes or the cancellation / re-scheduling of an event. However, it does reserve the right to make changes to advertised programmes and to cancel / re-schedule events. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled / re-scheduled, either a full refund will be made or alternatively, any fee paid will be credited against a future booking. The Institute will not be liable for any travel and / or accommodation costs incurred by the attendee should an event be cancelled / re-scheduled.
On receipt of the registration form with purchase order number the IRRV will issue a receipted VAT invoice at the prevailing rate. Payment must be received in advance of the event. The Institute reserves the right to refuse admission where delegate fees have not been paid.
Cancellations made 2 weeks before the meeting will be subject to an administration charge of 50% of the fee plus VAT. Cancellations after this date are liable for the full registration fee. A substitute delegate is welcome at any time at no extra charge.
To find out about sponsorship opportunities contact Sales on firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7691 8979.
IRRV Personal Membership £145.00
Forum/Organisational Member £175.00
Non Member £205.00