VIDEO ACCESS - Breathing Space - A Situation Report For Local Authorities In England And WalesDELEGATE FEES INFORMATION / BOOK
Video Access now available!
We are pleased to announce that video access to this seminar is now available to purchase. This is a recording of the virtual meeting that took place on 20 July 2021.
The Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) went live in England and Wales early May 2021. It freezes interest, fees and enforcement action for people in problem debt, and offers further protections for those in mental health crisis treatment. Income due to Local Authorities is affected by these changes.
The first standard 60-day debt moratoriums ended in early July and some early mental health crisis moratoriums will still be in place at that time. Local Authorities are now taking stock of the impact of the formal Breathing Space processes on operations in the key income areas in which individual debts arise: Council Tax, Housing Rents, Sundry Debts and Parking Enforcement. The impact is also felt in respect of certain Non-domestic rate debts.
This video access webinar assess frankly and fairly the first weeks of Breathing Space implementation. The emphasis is on practical issues arising from the implementation of the legislation; and the solutions.
This recording will be of particular relevance to those dealing with the individual debts arising in Council Tax, Housing Rents, Sundry Debts, Parking Enforcement and NDR; and those with responsibility for the systems underpinning Breathing Space implementation.
What Was Covered
- A Breathing Space ‘situation report’
- Findings from an IRRV Survey of Local Authorities: an early view of the processes from the creditor perspective
- The latest on:
- engaging with the Mental Health Access Mechanism (MHAM) for breathing space
- notifications to stop or restart deductions from benefits rent arrears when a debtor starts or ends a ‘Breathing Space’
- Access to the Creditor Portal following the 28th June portal ‘go-live’ date
- Engaging with the Money Advisor Network: an update from the Money & Pensions Service [N.B. this content relates to England only]
- What to do when something goes wrong
- Highlighting relevant enhancements to the Money Adviser portal from 28th June
- The impact of Breathing Space on software development
- Open Forum: opportunities for discussion of issues as identified by attendees.
- Additional perspectives from system ‘Super-users’
David Magor: IRRV Chief Executive
Alistair Townsend: IRRV Senior Vice-President and Law & Research Portfolio Holder
Kevin Shaw: Senior Creditor Strategy Manager, Money & Pensions Service
Nigel Blair: Northgate Public Services
Laura Peters: Head of Mental Health and Money Advice, Rethink
Moira Hepworth: IRRV Head of Law and Research will chair the event
The IRRV is the professional body covering all aspects of local taxation and local benefits administration across the UK. The presentation team has in-depth knowledge of the legislation and thorough understanding of the processes involved.
What Is Included
- Meeting recording
- Electronic copy of speaker presentations
Price per person.
Cost of purchasing the recording for non members.
1 recipient: £75 plus VAT
2 recipients: £65 plus VAT
3+ recipients: £55 plus VAT
IRRV Members Cost
Cost of purchasing the recording for members. To receive the below reduced fee's at least one of the recipient must be a member of the Institute; alternatively, the booking must be made by a body which is an IRRV Forum Member/ Organisational Member.
1 recipient: £60 plus VAT
2 recipients: £50 plus VAT
3+ recipients: £40 plus VAT
How To Book
Click BOOK NOW button at the right of this page. Payment can be made by credit card or by completing the order form with a purchase order number.
Enquiries can be made by email to email@example.com or by telephone 020 7691 8987.
On receipt of the completed order form with purchase order number, the IRRV will issue a receipted VAT invoice at the prevailing rate. Payment must be received in advance of the event. The Institute reserves the right to refuse admission where delegate fees have not been paid.
IRRV Member - 1 recipient £60.00
IRRV Member - 2 recipients £50.00
IRRV Member - 3+ recipients £40.00
Non Member - 1 recipient £75.00
Non Member - 2 recipients £65.00
Non Member - 3+ recipients £55.00