Funding Model (Funding Bands)
The upper limit caps - the maximum:
• amount of digital funds an employer who pays the levy can use towards an individual apprenticeship.
• that government will ‘co-invest’ towards, where an employer does not pay the levy or has insufficient digital funds
• Employers negotiate the best price for the training they require. The negotiated price does not include: VAT
• English and maths (up to level 2)
• Learning support
• Additional payments
• Framework uplift
• Employers can spend more than the funding band limit using their own money (not the levy)
• Funding bands do not have a lower limit
The government announced it's revised approach to funding bands for apprenticeship standards that apply to apprenticeships which commenced after 1st August 2018. This document shows the upper limits for each of the 30 (still 15 for apprenticeships which started before 1st August) funding bands and explains how the funding works in practice. To view the document please click on the link below.
The latest funding guides are available by clicking the links below.
Click on the links below for detailed information about how the apprenticeship levy works. There is also a link to the Government's 'Become an Apprentice' webpage which covers the National Minimum Wage salary levels and what an apprentice can expect to be paid. This varies depending on their age.